Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Silly Things I Cry About and The People Who Deal With It

Waterproof mascara is my best friend and has been since my senior year of high school when I started crying. A lot. If you ever need a recommendation on a good waterproof mascara I'm your gal. I have many different kinds of crying, I can do the whole quiet sobbing, the loud screaming sobbing, the ugly face crying (my specialty), and my favorite the tears you just can't hold back the ones that come out for no reason or for a reason but you just can't help the salty water from rolling down your face.

Needless to say, again, I cry, often.

I will be the first to admit that I cry over stupid stuff, for example one time I cried because an avocado fell off the counter and smashed and I wasn't able to eat it. Or when my sister ate the last french toast the day before I left for school, hash tag fat kid problems any time you want to. I cried because I didn't know what was wrong, I've cried for no reason at all just simply because I could. I like to cry in the shower so then my pillow doesn't get wet but the steam makes breathing even harder. I cry when I'm stressed, and if you ask my boyfriend or friends, I cry when I'm mad or when I'm yelling. Basically I'm a mess and I shouldn't be surprised by the fact that my tears have little to no impact on anyone anymore. I get over emotional. I cry when I have to say good bye, even knowing when I'm going to see them next I still turn into a baby, I do this with friends on move out day, with my boyfriend when our couple day visits are over, and with my parents when they drop me off for school. You'd think at twenty years old I'd have some kind of handle on my life, but as my mom always told me I came into this world crying, so I'm pretty sure that's how I'm going out.

Has anyone ever found colic in adults? That would be interesting to know.

The point of this post, as many of you I'm sure are wondering, is that I see nothing wrong with crying, for anything. Cry when something is sweet, when something is sad, when you are mad or stressed or confused. Cry when things aren't going your way and cry when they are. Cry when you are having sex or when you are brushing your teeth. Hell drown yourself in your tears and get a headache from it. The important part is what you do once you stop crying. I go and hug someone, I give myself a pep talk anything from "don't be so stupid", "why are you crying", "he/she/it isn't worth it", "did you really just cry about that? I didn't know you were a 70 year old cat lady", and my personal favorite "everything will work out". The people who comfort you when you are crying truly are the closest to you because lets be honest, no one has a cute crying face, if they can see that and still want to be in the same room with you they are a keeper. While crying feels good it doesn't change anything, it wont change the situation it wont help you figure out what is wrong. Like I've written before, you and only you are in charge of your own happiness, if you aren't happy, do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment