Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rain Storms

One of my favorite memories was from when I was in second grade. Our brick house had this covered front porch and when it would rain I would sit outside and watch the lightening and play with my dolls.
One of my favorite smells is rain. You know how you can smell right before it rains? & of course, how it smells right after?
One of my favorite sounds is rain. When it rains I like to lay in bed with my head next to the open window and listen to it hit the roof.
To me there is nothing like rainstorms. One of my goals in life is to have a house with a wrap around porch for the pure reason of being able to watch rainstorms.
Lately it has been raining a lot here in good ole' Kansas. Today I went mudding, played in the rain with 5 year olds, and right now I'm sitting in my garage watching it. A lot of people associate sadness with rain, I know I did when I was little. My parents always use to tell me that rain was God crying because we did something bad (great for the self-esteem of a 4 year old by the way.) The thunder was God bowling and lightening was his celebration for a strike.
Some of my best memories happen when it rains. Some of the best things happen when it rains. For one it is really good for crops (the little girl I babysit tells me this all the time). You can have kisses in the rain, playing in the rain (if you just said you were too old for that we can't be friends), reading while it is raining, or even napping while it is raining.
So to sum it all up, I love rain and while I would love some sunshine in the forecast this week, a few days of rainstorms really ain't that bad because in order to have a rainbow you have to have a little bit of rain, and who doesn't love a motherfucking rainbow!

It's raining in this picture that was taken at the lake, it is just kind of hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment