Thursday, October 27, 2011

Life Savers

"You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?"
-- Jodi Picoult

I haven't updated in a while so I apologize for repetition. If you ask me at the right moment I would tell you that sometimes it seems like life is hazing me. Like I'm jumping through these ridiculous hoops to get to the one place I hope to belong. And once I think I can handle it, that I know the exact height to jump and when, they set the rings on fire and place them over a pool of sharks.
So my question is when we are drowning, when we are over our head and close to giving up, how do we pull through? 
Answer? The people we allow into our lives. 
Feel free to get nauseous, to say I'm going soft, because maybe I am, but there is a quote saying that a true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart. Once you are finished gagging, hear me out. To say I have trust issues may be an understatement, but recently I've started this 100 percent honesty thing with this guy. How do I know he is being honest? I guess I don't, but I can't imagine why he would lie. 99 percent of the time we get in over heads because of lies we tell, or the situations we put ourselves in, and that is what I was doing. I've never had a more honest friendship with anyone before. He truly reached past all my external flaws and choose to see and accept the internal ones. He, like my friends in the previous post, are the people in our lives that throw us the lifesavers when we need them. 
We don't always know where we are going, or what we are doing. And the obstacles that life chooses to haze us with become tedious or destructive. But we hang on because we have people that are hanging on to us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment