Sunday, October 30, 2011

Love is Like Walmart, It's Stressful

Sometimes doing the easy thing isn't right, sometimes doing the right thing isn't easy. 

I'll be the first to tell you I'm not an angel. In fact on Judgement day I half expect God to look, laugh and press a button dropping me off his cloud. I will tell you that I'm pretty damn honest though. If I don't like you, if I don't like something you did or something you said it is typically pretty easy to find out. However, even though I'm honest, I have a tendency of doing the easy thing instead of the right one. 
Rather it was weathering the storm of a bad relationship to ease social standings or picking college algebra over AP Calculus senior year, the easy way out was the only way out in my world. 
So the question I pose today is, if the right thing hurts someone, but doing the easy thing does too, then which do you choose? 
Well don't worry, your intellectual answers aren't necessary, because I kind of already answered it my self. After about a month of deliberation I've choose the right thing is better. It is actually always better. While choosing the right thing hurt one person, that person will be fine, if I had choose the easy way I would've been hurting everyone involved including myself. And in the end it isn't about what was easy, it is about what feels right. At the end of the day I'm the only one who has to live with my decision, so why not choose the one that makes me happy? 
I may be selfish, impatient, manipulative, or simply a bitch but at least I know I'm honest, and I rather be called a bitch than a liar any day. 
It wasn't easy to do the right thing, but nothing in life that is worth having is.


PS The title of this blog post was inspired by the most brilliant man I know, my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment