Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Love Me!

There is something to be said about someone who loves you even when you aren't lovable.

Maybe its a girl thing, but numerous times in my life I have heard the sentence "these girls will be your bridesmaids." It is silly really, girls spend most of their life choosing their bridesmaids, they usually know the girls standing up there with them longer than the man they are marrying. They have been through more with them, these friends have seen a side of them that man hasn't. And that seems to be forgotten when we are growing up. We forget about the people who answer their phones at 3 AM as you do the wake of shame (walk of triumph) to your room, and goes to Planned Parenthood to buy plan b with you. They know you hide your condoms in your band aid box and they know when you say you're okay, you are lying. But we get wrapped up in relationships, we spend more time at the significant others house, or eating with them, and less time with the people who listen to you gush about him. & lets be honest, except for one time those boys fade away, they break promises, and forever doesn't last and those friends are still there for us to come back to. Today for no particular reason, I realized why I love my friends so much. Because they know me and still love me. I've talked about wanting to be able to stand emotional bare in front of someone and have them still love me, but have failed to realize I have a group of people who already do. 

Me & my best friend Matt @ prom senior year

Me & my sister at a game

Me & my sisters Taryn, Sam & Katie in our Sorority house

Bethany, Sarah and Sadie. Three girls that literally hold me together.

No comments:

Post a Comment