Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Art of I Love You

My friend Krystin works for Galmour magazine and on occasions she sends me links to quizzes asking me to have my friends fill them out. This week I got a link for men and what they think about the term "I love you". The questions ranged from how long do you wait to say "I love you" to if it is more important than watching the Kardashians together, yes that was an actual question. I proceeded to ask my boyfriend of almost three months all of the questions and after I laid here thinking about how I would answer them. So for your enjoyment here are my answers.

  1. More often than not, in your past relationships who said I love you first?
    The boy.
  2. Who do you think should say it first?
    I don't think it should matter, and yet I say that and have bitten my tongue in many cases when I was ready and I knew they weren't. So I guess for me it isn't that I think guys should say it first, but that I could never say it first. Fear of rejection much?
  3. If you tell someone you love them and they don't feel the same way, what's the least painful thing to hear back?
    Almost anything but thank you. Something like I really care about you but I'm not ready yet. It almost wouldn't matter though, I'd still be hurt.
  4. Have you ever said "I love you" accidentally?
    Ha, oh yes.
  5. If so, why?
    Drunk or caught up in a moment.
  6. Should the accidental "I love you" count?
    No, because I didn't mean it.
  7. Have you ever been dumped because you wouldn't say "I love you"?
    Yes, a few times. 
  8. Have you ever dumped someone for that reason?
    Once.
  9. You're starting to feel it. How long do you wait to say it?
    Until he says it.
  10. How long should your partner wait to say it?
    Until we are exclusive after that when ever they feel it. It shouldn't be something that is pressured.
  11. What's a sign that you're feeling it even if you're not saying it?
    I smile a lot, and say that I "love" their laugh/smile/anything.
  12. Is it appropriate to say I love you for the first time in person? on the phone? texting?
    Only in person. In 7th grade this boy told me he loved me through AIM and it was so awkward that I just avoided him until I graduated. We now go to college together.
  13. What is the sweetest thing they can be doing when they say it to you?
    Mean it. We could be eating at Mcdonalds, laying in bed, or walking to class, it doesn't matter as long as they mean it.
  14. How many times have you said "I love you" and the person didn't say it back?
    Once.
  15. How often is too often for I love you to be said?
    Never too often. I think it should be said as much as possible.
  16. Would you do this only with the person you were in love with: snuggle after sex, kiss during intercourse, go down on them, make sure they get theirs?
    To me none of those are strictly just for love, so no it isn't just for the person I love. However I believe when you are in love each of those things are very different.

    Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
    -- 1 Peter 4:8


No comments:

Post a Comment