Sunday, February 26, 2012

Get On My Page

This weekend I received advice from a good friend about relationships. He told me that relationships only work and are only healthy when the two people care about each other the same amount. If one person cares too much, the other person has all the power. Both people need to be on the same page. Relationships aren't about power, and when they become that way they are bound to fail.
I've always noticed that in my relationships I give in a lot. It is my attempt at not being crazy, but sometimes I find I feel like I'm just being walked on. It is just my personality, it isn't a reflection of the kinds of relationships  have but more on the effort that I'm willing to put in to keep something I want from failing.
My point of this rant comes to this: Being on the same page is really important. But so is being honest and respecting yourself. While I don't practice this as well as I should, you should always say how you feel and with no hesitation. And while you may feel dumb after at least you were honest, and in relationships honesty is the most important thing. Give each other time to get on the same page, but if you don't ever see it going somewhere then stop wasting both of your time.

Don't get further in your book than your partner without knowing if they will ever catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment