Tuesday, February 21, 2012

High School Didn't Prepare Me For College

Think back all those years ago when you were in high school (okay okay, it has only been two, but still). We all had teachers whose reasoning for doing anything was that they were preparing us for college. But really, we all know they didn't. My first semester of college was something I wasn't prepared for at all, I also achieved the lowest GPA I ever had. So with that being said, here is my list of things high school's should do to really prepare us for college living.

  1. Let me use my computer in class and don't block any social websites. 
  2. Offer me drink specials and easy access to bars on a week day night, and then make me come to school at 8 am the next day. 
  3. Tell me about a paper the day before it is due. 
  4. Make me eat the most disgusting food every day, for all meals. 
  5. Make me gain 20 pounds from this gross food. 
  6. Let me blow my money on other food, so I'm poor. 
  7. Now, not only do I have to go to class, make me get a job that I hate so I can afford to drink and get fatter. 
  8. Give me four midterms in two days. 
  9. Only four hours of sleep every night, max.
  10. Put me in a building with as many people as possible and live there. 
  11. Make me sick as much as possible, but make it impossible to miss class. 
  12. Make test scores the only grade in the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment